The seal is compressed when the pipe spigot is inserted into the socket, creating a positive seal under both internal and external pressure.
The special design gives:
- low assembly force
- excellent sealing capability under both internal and external pressure
- good distribution of transverse shear load
- Stretch the seal onto the pipe spigot and position against the shoulder as shown. Equalize the tension by lifting and releasing the seal at several points
- Apply forsheda lubricant on the socket. This must be evenly spread over the surface of the entire socket.
- Advance the pipe so that the rubber seal is in uniform contact with the edge of the steel collar of the pipe with which it is be jointed
- Centre the spigot into the socket and assemble